July 31, 2004

"Remember"

Had a very engaging evening with Eugene just now. We went to Torino's (sounds familiar, ref 25 Jul). We talked about our work, which then flowed onto education, and then relationship and marriage, then politics, then character... Then, pool, played pool.

For those of you who have yet to make the connection from previous posts or yet to read them, Eugene is my 'knight'. He acknowledges this term of reference rather graciously and I accept his referring to me as 'princess' rather shamelessly. That's the way we work. Oh, and of course plus a lot of guilt instilled in our friendship, mainly I'm the guilt-free one and he's the one with the burden cos he's basically, harder to 'date' out than me. And every one of our friends agrees. Though I wonder what reward does making him guilty entail for me...? It will still take him another dozen years to remember my birthday... (hoho)

Since I'm like introducing him now, might as well mention also that he's my pool teacher. He taught me pool when we were in our last year in NUS. He made the game interesting for me, rather than feeling spastic with the cue. He gave me lots tips and suggestions and was patient throughout. As of now, I can play pool as well as I can swim freestyle. (ho ho) But, hey! At least he remarked that I can cue well now. Just that my potting the ball has more to do with luck and the fact that 'accidents' happen, rather than skill. But, but, at least, I'm not whining about the cue position anymore. And I'm supposed to strip naked cos I lost the game miserably just now... I would like to think that he tried very hard to win. Ahh, i'm so flattered.

He said he would be astounded if I send him my wedding invitation within these 2 years. Don't worry, Handsome, my darling and I never quite saw the need to go through the ceremony.

Posted by 杏 cy (Jancy) at 02:26